Cantrav Services is always seeking out enthusiastic, career-minded individuals. If you are disciplined and possess integrity and a passion for destination management, then we would like to hear from you. Please note that we will keep all personal information confidential.
We consistently update our web-site as full time positions become available; however, if you do not see a specific position to which your skill set is suited, we would encourage you to send us your resume through the form below.
We are always looking for enthusiastic, outgoing team players to act as program staff during our busiest seasons. These positions offer flexible hours, varying responsibilities and the opportunity to work in diverse environments. If you are interested in learning more about seasonal work with Cantrav Services, please e-mail us.
Please send you resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
March 24, 2014
Cantrav Services is Western Canada’s leading destination management and event production company. We specialize in corporate meeting, incentive travel and special event planning with offices in Canmore, Calgary, Vancouver, and Whistler.
We are seeking a dedicated and talented individual to fill the following full time position:
Production Manager, Event Design and Production
As Production Manager, of the Event Design and Production team, you work under the direction of our Director, Event Design and Production, and will be responsible for providing professional and administrative support to the Program Design, Sales and Program Management teams in creating, planning, costing and delivering themed events and destination experiences for our corporate clients. This involves such activities as participating in creative concept development; writing and costing creative briefs and event proposals; formatting of proposals; the coordination and booking of venues, talent, equipment and décor; management of our décor inventory; and on-site management as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years of related meeting or event experience including meeting / event management, staging or audio visual production, entertainment management, décor and design
- Good written and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational ability and detail oriented;
- Demonstrated creative ability;
- Previous experience and demonstrated understanding of production elements including audio visual, lighting, production, staging and integration into events
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities, multi-task, and meet project deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, word processing, database management, Outlook, floor plan programs) (experience with Graphics, Photoshop, Illustrator, VectorWorks programs an asset)
- Regularly available to work evenings and weekends as business needs require;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation which takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Event Planning / Administration, Design and Display or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Must hold a valid passport, drivers license, and be able to travel.
If you are a responsible, dedicated, results motivated individual who thrives within a deadline oriented environment and are excited to participate in corporate creative event projects, we are looking for you to join our team.
Salary will be appropriate to experience in the industry.
This position is based in Vancouver.
Only applicants considered for interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Please send your cover letter and resume to Priscilla Chan at email@example.com.