Cantrav Services is Western Canada’s leading destination management and event production company. We specialize in corporate meeting, incentive travel and special event planning with offices in Vancouver, Whistler, Okanagan, Banff, Toronto and Montreal.
We are seeking a dedicated and talented individual to fill the following full-time position:
As Event Coordinator, within the Event Design and Production team you work under the direction of our Director, Event Design and Production, and will be responsible for providing professional and administrative support to the Program Design, Sales and Program Management teams in creating, planning, costing and delivering themed events and destination experiences for our corporate clients. This involves such activities as participating in creative concept development; writing and costing creative briefs and event proposals; formatting of proposals; the coordination and booking of venues, talent, AV equipment and décor; management of our décor inventory; and on-site management as necessary.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- A keen interest in the industry. A strong desire to thrive in any event experience including meeting / event management, staging or audio-visual production, entertainment management, décor and design
- Good written and interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational ability and detail oriented;
- Demonstrated creative ability;
- A passion to understand production elements including audio visual, lighting, production, staging and integration into events
- Self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to balance competing priorities, multi-task, and meet project deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office programs, database management, floor plan programs); experience with Graphics, Photoshop, Illustrator, VectorWorks programs an asset
- Regularly available to work evenings and weekends as business needs require;
- Ability to work well under pressure;
- Ability to learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation which takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- College Diploma or University Degree in Event Planning / Administration, Design and Display or equivalent experience is an asset.
- Prior experience in events, décor or production an asset
- Must hold a valid passport, drivers license, and be able to travel.
If you are a responsible, dedicated, results motivated individual with a good sense of humor who thrives within a fun, deadline oriented environment and are excited to participate in corporate creative event projects, we are looking for you to join our team.
This position is based in Vancouver.
Only applicants considered for interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.