TripAdvisor’s 2014 Travellers’ Choice Awards named Stanley Park as the best park in the world, beating out contestants such as New York’s Central Park and Guell Park in Barcelona. It is the only Canadian Park to make it into the top 10 list.
To put into perspective, Stanley Park receives approximately 8 million visitors each year while NY’s Central Park receives about 40 million. Even with fewer visitors, Vancouver’s Stanley Park won the reviews and opinions of travellers who did visit.
The top 10:
1. Stanley Park, Vancouver
2. Garden of the Gods, Colorado Springs, Colorado
3. Central Park, New York City, New York
4. Millennium Park, Chicago, Illinois
5. High Line, New York City, New York
6. Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Perth, Australia
7. Guell Park, Barcelona, Spain
8. Ibirapuera Park, Sao Paulo, Brazil
9. Retiro Park, Madrid, Spain
10. Luxembourg Gardens, Paris, France